Montreal is an amazing city over winter. First snow, Christmas markets, skating outside, all the festivals… Everything is just so fun & pretty.
Sadly, most of the activities start in December & I’ll already be gone by then! Therefore, I had to dig a little deeper to find things to do in November… & now that all the research has been done, I thought it wasn’t a bad idea to share it with you all!
1. The Old-Port in 4 steps … My love for the old part of the city is endless. Here is my definition of a perfect day in Montreal;
Step 1: Brunch at Olive & Gourmando.
Step 2: Spend some time around la basilique Notre-Dame & enjoy the peaceful vibe.
Step 3: Take a coffee to go & walk all the way to the clock tower for some more peaceful vibes.
Step 4: Close the deal with a glass of wine at the bar of the Hotel St-Paul (Hambar).
2. Bota bota … I’m a big fan of all the spas of the world & this one is for sure one of the best. The view is spectacular & the ambiance is just amazingly relaxing.
3. Shopping spree // rue Laurier … The perfect destination to find very special pieces & support the small retailers of the region.
4. Musée national des beaux-arts … November is for sure the best month to explore the museums & the national one is a must see.
5. Mont-Royal … Since I spend most of my time in the Old-Port, I forget how gorgeous the city is from there. I definetely need to go more often…
6. Jardin botanique + Stade Olympique … I hear a lot of good things about it all the time, but I haven’t been there in a while & I don’t really know what it looks like anymore. Let me catch up on that, I’ll let you know if it’s worth it.
7. 1000 de la Gauchetière … Skating, coffee, drinks & shopping… There’s not much else I need in life to be happy.
8. Campo … I just can’t wait to try this new place!!!
9. Le Nord … It’s is not a secret; there’s nothing like going away from the city to have the full Canadian experience. Charlevoix is obviously my personal favorite since I am from there, but Tremblant is just as lovely, especially if you don’t want to go too far.
10. Le Sud … Because sometimes there’s pretty good deals available online… Says the girl who’s going to St-Martin for 4 days at the end of the month. Yay!
I know the month of November can be painful & I hope this list gave you a couple of ideas to keep yourself busy.
Cheers! MP xoxo